domingo, 19 de abril de 2009

Of course it always comes to this. Me staring at the walls, watching my memories go by, sipping wine in a nice, cold-as-fuck transfiguration of my dreams. My brain swaping, lost in translation. Of course. Every bloody thing just melting down as I suck dry my zigs, one after the other. Transfiguration of the mind; forms that I cannot yet control. Swaping as I try to grab all the visions, as I crawl towards them, gripping them so they won't dissolve. Memory. Such a nice laugh.
Et ton regard hunting me down as I fuera un puto perro.
Mirando a través de las ventanas. Óxido de un foreseen presentimiento.
En me promenant entre la disonancia y el espanto.
And todo sense drifting hacia les rideaux, vidrio et wine, lucidez del pensiero.
Todo instante imperecedero, toda memoria translúcida.
Arco y labios, gruta y tormento.
The knowledge that I have yet to obtain.
And the meaningless hamster-like trot between dark and insomnia.

4 comentarios:

aLexandra dijo...

(gracias)

mestanza dijo...

(De nada).

Alonso Alegría dijo...

This is very very nice, and you do have a beautiful command of English. Actually too much to allow you an understandable mistake: zipping with a Z. On another topic: it is a known fact that English has more words in current use than Spanish. Try all the specific ways one has of walking in English: ambling, tip-toeing, shuffling, stomping... how many words do you need to translate each of these into Spanish? Good work, your blog is delightful, cultured and intelligent. AA

mestanza dijo...

¡Qué sorpresa verlo por aquí, don Alonso! Y yo que pensaba que sólo dos o tres amigos míos leían este humilde (mas honrado) blog. Fíjese que pensaba matricularme este ciclo en el taller de dramaturgia que dicta en la PUCP, pero como no pertenezco a la especialidad, terminaron botándome por falta de asientos. Una lástima, pero ya le daré otro intento el próximo ciclo. Anyway, thanks for your compliments. It pains me to say so, but you're absolutely right: the English language has more specific ways to name things and actions. I'm still discovering it though, so you can understand the reason for all those "shocked" posts (and there's a word, "shocked", that you can say in more ways in Spanish than in English: "atónito", "asombrado", "sorprendido", "impresionado"). Still, I'll always prefer the beauty of my own language over the rest, despite the fact that my mind swings between English and Spanish most of the time. Anyway, thank you for your comment!